Portland Or, Vancouver Wa
The Norway Rat. There is a quarter on it’s back to show you how large these can get to be.There are a few types in northwest. The most common rat in the northwest is the Norway rat. They are an invasive species that traveled to the US with the first explorers and now have all but taken over as a dominate force.
Facts about the Norway Rat
- The average sexual maturity of the Norway rat is is 2 to 3 months
- A female can have anywhere from 4-7 litters a 1 year average, 8-12 pups per litter.
- They are capable of breeding all year long in homes.
- One female can have up to 84 pups in 1 year (insane right?)
The Norway Rat. There is a quarter on it’s back to show you how large these rats can get to be.
Rat droppings in a crawl space. These dropping can give off hazardous fumes that can affect you and your families health!
Unfortunately the Norway rat is known to carry associated pathogens that can be introduced to the living area of a home through fecal matter, urine or physical contact.
The Dangers of Rats
The Norway rat naturally creates borrows in the ground to live, but they will easily take advantage of an opening that leads to your crawl space to create their colony there. They are extreme opportunists. Unfortunately it is known to carry associated pathogens that can be introduced to the living area of a home through fecal matter, urine or physical contact. On average, the typical home will exchange 40% – 60% of the air between the living areas and the crawl space. These are very intelligent creatures with highly adaptable skills of survival and rapid reproduction rates. The Norway rat can quickly destroy a crawl space and create unhealthy living condition for humans.
Treatment and Controls
- We identify all entry points.
- Determine how much damage and contamination has happened in the crawl space.
- Recommend the best path of action for you and your home.
- Make recommendations if there is a source that is attracting the rodents to the home’s crawl space.
- Present a bid to you that will be broken down into understandable subcategories of repair work to restore your crawl space back to a sanitary and healthy space.
No Long Term Contracts
We Earn Your Trust and Business with Every Pest Treatment
Our Customer Rating: 5 out of 5 stars based on 20 ratings