Winter Pest Protection
Portland Oregon, Vancouver Washington
We often hear about Summer Pest Protection, but not often do we hear about Winter Pest Protection. There are a slurry of pests that want to come join you in your heated home during the cold winters. Here we will talk about a few ways YOU can DIY yourself into a pest free winter. Interested?
Let’s talk about our top 2 winter pests!
How do I keep rats out of my house?
- Make sure the vents to your crawl space are properly secured with no openings.
- Check garage doors so they close all the way
- Avoid having bird feeders that spill on to the ground or can be accessed from the ground
- Check the perimeter of your home for entry points like small holes in the ground by the foundation of your home.
How do I keep the Ants out!?
- Keep places that are high food traffic clean (eliminating food sources)
- Keep damp areas (like bathrooms) as dry as possible (eliminating water sources)
- Keep brush clear from contact with your home, trim back bushes and trees
DIY and give it a try! If that doesn’t do the trick and these pesky pests seem to keep comin back we are always here to lend a helping pest control hand!